- March 10, 2016
8:55 am - 5:00 pm
A one-day foundation course to conduct market research (Primary & OSINT), learn how to build a centralised market intelligence function from scratch, with free lunch and tea breaks for all market research, insights, Competitive Intelligence, data analytics, market analyst, market intelligence, information librarians and related professionals.
What are insights?
What makes a company competitive?
Why do some succeed while others struggle?
Your business, from market leader to SME, is competing in the open market; or perhaps you have a hot idea for a startup…
However competition is heating up thanks to the increasingly interconnected global economy. Web 2.0, Web 3.0+ and the abundance of information available today leads to more questions than answers – not to mention disruption. New methods are needed to bring about competitive advantage. These techniques are often written about but not easily explained.
From senior managers to company founders to line managers and technical experts, our course is designed to introduce you to the new concept of Competitive Insights and walk you through Competitive Intelligence (CI) essentials with practical examples and case studies you can take back to the office and apply.
Our course instructor from Pythia will explain how to leverage your company’s internal and external data & information gathering abilities to expand your team’s function into a world-class role capable of listening to and responding to the competition and the competitive environment.
This is what you will learn:
- An introduction to the essential concepts of Competitive Insights & Competitive Intelligence for advanced market research. Going well beyond SWOT and Porters 5 Forces to develop a deeper understanding of the market
- An understanding of the future of insights through the Competitive Insights model.
- How to apply the Insights Cycle to your Business As Usual (BIU).
- How to setup a Competitive Insights function for your company.
- How to gain traction within your business for insights your team is uncovering.
- A background of the development of Competitive Intelligence as used by companies around the globe.
- Compare the practices of traditional market research as taught in MBA programmes with the advanced practice of Competitive Intelligence as taught by leading universities.
This is how you can participate and build your expertise:
- Ask questions about your company’s competitive situation and discuss strategies.
- Interact with other professionals in other industries to share experiences and ideas.
- An open-book final “exam” with multiple attempts until passed to enhance the lessons provided in the one-day course.
Skills you will take with you:
SIMPLE AND IMPACTFUL IMPLEMENTATION
- Start off with quick wins to grow engagement.
- Broaden the CI function with integrated systems and enhanced intelligence offerings.
ENSURE FRONTLINE EXECUTION
- Upskill and support a dedicated CI team to engage with the business.
- Improve intelligence workflow and introduce several delivery types.
- Produce actionable insights.
- Deliver using proven techniques to engage senior leadership.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships within the business.
- Assist in developing effective strategic outcomes which impact the bottom-line with visible results.
Course materials are supplied for you to take back to the office.
This is the cost:
Register now to lock in the best rate.
Early registration: $998.18 + GST (total $1098) until March 2nd
Late registration: $1270.91 + GST (total $1398) from March 2nd until course start
Rise above the competition – with our instructor Nolan Dedrick from Pythia. http://www.pythia.com.au
Nolan Dedrick led Competitive Intelligence functions at Caltex Australia and News Corp and a strategic review of the third party channel at AGL. He began his career in environmental investigations covering oil spills and hazardous waste and formed a successful US-based consulting firm which contracted with the US Government and international shipping companies. He also formed and later sold an electric vehicle company in the US.
Terms & Conditions
Pythia will hold registration data for internal administration and marketing. Storing your information will be required until the day of the event. If you do not wish us to hold registration data post-event, please notify us on the day of the event.
Pythia reserves the right to amend or cancel an event in the unlikely event participant level is lower than the necessary minimum. We will email or phone you if this is the case and offer you a full refund or placement at an upcoming event – either will be provided at your request.
For additional terms and conditions, please see http://pythia.com.au/terms-conditions
Venue: Training Choice Melbourne
50 Queen St, Melbourne VIC 3000